Solid Waste / Recycling
Solid Waste Department
The Solid Waste Department consist of seven collection sites and the landfill. If you have any questions regarding solid waste disposal or recycling, you may contact a site, the landfill, or our office. We accept recyclables at all our collection sites and our landfill.
Now Accepting Glass
Yadkin County now accepts green and blue glass at the landfill and convenience sites. This is something that Yadkin County has not done in the last eight years. Make sure that you do not bring windshields, cookware, drinking glasses, or ceramics because we do not accept these items for recycling. Please make sure that your glass is rinsed before you bring it to recycle.
How to Properly Discard Your Old Televisions, Computers, and Other Electronics
Read about new fees regarding TVs & computers, and other options (PDF).
Fees for Disposal
- Solid Waste Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Recyclable material: Free
- Garbage bags: Through the Solid Waste Household Fee (through the tax bill) with sticker - no charge for bagged household waste
- $70 per ton (landfill only), effective July 1, 2018 ($8.00 minimum) - (waived for DOT Roadside Collections)
- Scrap Tires not documented or generated in North Carolina $80 per ton
- TVs and Computers up to 32 inches Complete and intact $6 per unit
- TVs and Computers up to 32 inches Broken and/or with parts missing $10 per unit
- TVs and Computers larger than 32 inches Complete and intact $10 per unit
- TVs and Computers up to 32 inches Broken and/or with parts missing $20 per unit
Recycling & Waste Disposal
If you live inside a municipality then you have curbside recycling and curbside waste pick-up. If you live outside the city limits, then the sites listed below are where you can take your recycling and solid waste.
To determine if items are acceptable for recycling, please review this list.