Go To Search
Click to Home
Burning Permits
Open Burning
Open burning is regulated by the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources. A North Carolina Forest Service Burning Permit is required for all burning conducted in any woodland, or within 500 feet of any woodland, during the hours starting at midnight and ending at 4:00 pm.

Burning permits are available online.

A permit does not have to be issued if burning is within 100 feet of a dwelling and can be contained, i.e. water hose, etc. For more information concerning burning regulations, contact the North Carolina Division of Forest Resources at (336) 679-8941. Additional information on air quality and burning regulations can be obtained by calling the North Carolina Division of Air Quality, Winston-Salem Regional Office at (336) 771-5000.

John Kessler
County Ranger

North Carolina Division of Forest Resources
Yadkin County Ranger's Office
P.O. Box 433
Yadkinville, NC 27055

Ph: (336) 679-8941
Fax: (336) 679-2151