The goal of Yadkin County Environmental Health is to protect and improve the health of the citizens of Yadkin County through the maintenance of a healthy environment, the education of the people, and the enforcement of state and local rules and regulations.
The knowledgeable staff at Yadkin County Environmental Health is working for you behind the scenes to ensure your health and well-being are protected. Here are a few of the services the Environmental Health Program offers:
- Design, permit, and inspect old and new septic systems to ensure they do not pollute the environment or affect our health.
- Inspect all food service and lodging facilities to ensure that the food we eat is safe and the places we stay are clean.
- Inspect and permit day cares and after-school programs to ensure that children learn in a safe and clean environment.
- Inspect and permit tattoo parlors and permanent make-up artists.
- Inspect and permit all public swimming pools and spas to ensure that they are safe and clean.
- Inspect migrant worker housing facilities to ensure that safe living conditions are provided.
- Inspect nursing and group homes to ensure that residents there live in a clean and safe environment.
- Inspect schools to ensure that children are educated in a safe and clean environment.
- Inspect, permit, and test private wells to ensure that drinking water is safe
- Investigate all Environmental Health complaints.
- Investigate childhood lead poisonings to identify and eliminate lead hazards.
- Oversee the cleanup of methamphetamine labs in the community.
- Provide outreach and education to educate the public and operators of permitted establishments.
For more information on the services offered by Yadkin County Environmental Health, please call (336) 849-7905.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Esta institución es un proveedor y empleador igualitario.
Director of Inspections and Environmental Services
Email Gary Hayes
213 E. Elm Street
P.O. Box 1278
Yadkinville, NC 27055
Phone: (336) 849-7905
Fax (336) 849-7925
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
No permits will be issued after 4:30.