Nutrition, Recipes & WIC health
For more information regarding healthy recipes for you and your family, visit:
The following links may answer some questions that you may have about feeding your infant:
For more information on feeding your preschooler, visit the following links:
|2 Months||DTaP, Hib, IPV, Heb B, PCV7, RV|
|4 Months||DTaP, Hib, IPV, PCV7, RV|
|6 Months||DTaP, Hib, Hep B, PCV7 Hep A|
|12 Months||Hib, IPV, MMR, Var, PCV7, Hep A|
|18 Months||Hep A|
|4 - 6 Years
||DTaP, IPV, MMR|
WIChealth.org is a service provided to qualifying WIC participants that gives them the option of doing nutrition education online in place of meeting with a nutritionist in the WIC office. In most cases, the nutritionist will tell you at your re-certification or mid-certification visit whether you or your child is able to do your nutrition education online.
If you would like to try this option, but do not know if you qualify, please call your local WIC office so that they can let you know what options they have available to you, as not all WIC participants are able to participate in the online nutrition education service. If you do meet the requirements that qualify you to do your nutrition education online, you will still need to come to the WIC office for benefits issuance. However, your visit should be much shorter.
To use wichealth.or, follow these simple steps:
- Log onto the website.
- Create an account using your WIC identification, which can be found in your WIC wallet on the appointment page and follow the instructions. If you already have an account, login to begin.
- Select a lesson from one of the five categories.
- Answer the questions and click on the helpful information.
- When you are finished you will be asked to complete a short survey. Click on "Submit" to receive your certificate.
- Print or email the certificate by choosing the "Print" or "Email" options.
- You can access previously completed lessons by clicking on the "My Profile" link.