Yadkin County Human Services Agency
The Yadkin County Human Services Agency is comprised of the Social Services Division, the Women, Infant, and Children Division, and the Medical Clinic.
The mission of the Human Services Agency is to protect and improve the health and quality of life of the citizens of Yadkin County. This is accomplished through the strengthening families, promotion of self-sufficiency, eliminating poverty, assuring and maintaining a healthy environment, education of the people, providing preventative health services and enforcing state rules and regulations.
Current Operations for the Yadkin County Human Services Agency
OPERACIONES ACTUALES DE LA AGENCIA DEL CONDADO DE YADKIN: clik aqui
In response to the Centers for Disease Control’s recommendations around social distancing due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Yadkin County Human Services Agency will be encouraging clients to interact with our Agency via phone, email, fax and dropping off documents when possible. While our Agency remains open, please see guidelines below for each program area:
For general questions about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Agency has set up a voicemail box and email address. All calls and emails will be responded to within 24 hours. Voice message can be made by calling 336-849-7999 and emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Medicaid and Food and Nutrition Services Applicants can apply on-line at epass.nc.gov, by mail, by phone at 336-849-7910, or in person at the agency. If you apply online, you may be able to upload the verifications we need to this system. If you choose to come into the agency to initiate your application, a caseworker will follow-up with you within 1 business day to gather the information for your household and provide further verification instructions.
- If you already have active Medicaid, Medicaid Transportation or Food and Nutrition Services and you need to report a change, submit documentation, or have questions concerning your active case, you may call your case worker’s extension, our main line (336) 849-7910, send a fax to 336-849-7937, or send an email to your designated case worker.
- WIC- Physical presence for all WIC clients has been waived, so they are not required to come into the office. WIC employees will still need to speak with the client or guardian over the phone to obtain the necessary information. Appointments will be completed over the phone and benefits can be loaded without you having to come to the office. If you have questions, please call the WIC office at 336-849-7910.
- All Child Support customers may call 1-800-992-9457 for case-related information, status of court cases, update case information, and give information. Customers may also call 336-849-7910 to speak with their case worker around case information, court information and updates the case. To access case information, apply for Child Support, and access resources online, visit ncchildsupport.com/ecoa/parentsIndex.jsp
- Individuals who are required to pay an enrollment fee for NC Health Choice or an
enrollment fee and/or premium for Health Care for Workers with Disabilities
(HCWD) will be exempt from this requirement until further notification. Program Integrity (Fraud) repayments or Child Support Application Fees can be made via mail-in of a Check, Money Order or Certified Check. Please mail all payments to: Yadkin County Human Services Agency, PO Box 548, Yadkinville, NC 27055.
- LIEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program) and Crisis Program applications can be made over the phone by calling 336-849-7910 or in person at the agency.
- For Protective Services for Children and Adults, reports can be made over the phone by calling 336-849-7910 or in person at the agency. When the agency is closed, reports can be made by calling 336-679-4217.
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Program- North Carolina has been approved for the new Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program. This program will provide extra help buying groceries for the families of the more than 800,000 children who normally receive free and reduced lunch at school. Families will receive approximately $371 in total P-EBT benefits per child, provided over two installments. Unused benefits will rollover month-to-month and must be used within 365 days. NCDHHS is working to operationalize the P-EBT program, so please continue to visit this page for more information regarding North Carolina’s P-EBT program. To provide families and community partners information about the P-EBT program, answers to Frequently Asked Questions are provided below and will be regularly updated over the coming weeks. Families do not need to apply for the P-EBT program. P-EBT eligible families currently receiving Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) benefits will receive an additional benefit on their existing Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. P-EBT eligible families not currently enrolled in FNS will be mailed an EBT card in the next few weeks and will receive a letter from NCDHHS in the mail explaining how to activate and use their card. Please visit https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/information/human-services/pandemic-electronic-benefit-transfer-p-ebt-program for more information.
Tell us your thoughts on the Human Services Agency. Diganos su pensamiento sobre la Agencia de Servicios Humanos.
Follow Us on Twitter @YadkinHSA and on Facebook at Yadkin County Human Services Agency.
Current Health Events
- For the most recent information regarding the Corona Virus, please visit: NCDHHS.gov