Corona Virus Response
Learn about What To Do If You Feel Sick.
In light of new data about how COVID-19 spreads, along with evidence of widespread COVID-19 illness in communities across the country, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people wear a cloth face covering to cover their nose and mouth in the community setting. This is to protect people around you if you are infected but do not have symptoms. Wearing a cloth face covering is recommended for use when people are in public settings, such as the grocery store or pharmacies. These face coverings are not a substitute for social distancing and proper hand washing.
Recommendations to prevent spread include: properly and adequately washing hands, staying home if you are sick for feel unwell, covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, coughing or sneezing into your elbow if possible. If you use a tissue, make sure you are washing your hands or using hand sanitizer after each use. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Items that are frequently touched, or appeared to be soiled, should be cleaned and disinfected. Social distancing is also a good tool to use when preventing the spread of disease. If you are able, avoid larger groups, events, or outings. Do not visit places or people who are medically fragile such as long term care facilities or nursing homes. Click here to learn about signs and symptoms of Coronavirus.
Resources and Guidance
If you would like more information, the Human Services Agency recommends getting this from reputable sources such as the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) or the Center for Disease Control (CDC). To get more information from these sources, please visit the following websites:
- For the most up to date case count for NC, click here.
- Guidance for Universities, Colleges and Schools can be found at the CDC’s website or NC DHHS page.
- Guidance for Child Care Facilities can be found at CDC’s webpage or the NC DHHS page.
- Guidance for Long-term Care Facilities can be found at the CDC’s website or NC DHHS page.
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers may be found at the CDC’s website or NC DHHS page.
- Guidance for Food Establishments
- Additional information for Community Events and Groups.
Recommendations for Cleaning
The CDC recommends using products that have been registered with the EPA with novel virus claims. These products must be used according to manufacturer’s instructions. A full list of products that have been registered with the EPA with novel virus claims can be found here. For additional cleaning information view the Guidance for Environmental Cleaning.
If anyone would like additional information or have questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com or call 336-849-7999.
Press Releases Related to COVID-19.
- Yadkin County Provides Phase Two Guidance, 6/3/2020
- Yadkin County provides additional updates on COVID-19, May 4, 2020.
- April 13, 2020 Yadkin County Press Release.
- Yadkin County announces additional efforts to slow COVID-19, 4/7/2020
- Yadkin County announces first confirmed COVID-19, 3/28/2020.
For the latest NC Updates and Executive Orders, please visit NC DHHS website.