Special Assistance In-Home Services

The State/County Special Assistance In-Home Program For Adults

  • Do you need adult care home or assisted living care but want to remain living at home?
  • Do you now live in an adult care home, such as an assisted living, rest home or supervised living group home and want to return home but need help paying for care? If so, you may be eligible for the Special Assistance In Home Program for Adults.

Am I Eligible?

Individuals with low income are potentially eligible if they are age 65 or older, or if they are under age 65 and at least 18, and are disabled according to Social Security disability standards; and

All applicants must:

  • Need Adult care home level of care as verified by a doctor but desire to continue living at home
  • Be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien
  • Have Medicaid eligibility established prior to SA/IH approval
  • Meet income and asset eligibility requirements
  • Be a resident of NC; and
  • Meet all other Special Assistance eligibility requirements.

If interested in finding out more information about the Special Assistance In-Home Program or to see if you are eligible, contact Yadkin County Human Services at 336-849-7910 and speak to an Adult Services Social Worker regarding this program.

Additional information may also be found by viewing the Special Assistance In-Home Program flyer.

Special Assistance In-Home Program Flyer1
Special Assistance In-Home Program Flyer2