Register of Deeds
Corona Virus/COVID-19 Update:
June 5, 2020
Effective immediately, by order of Yadkin County Emergency Management Plan, the Register of Deeds office is now accepting all forms of payment by check, credit/debit card and cash.
March 24, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, declared North Carolina State of Emergency and Executive Order No. 120 issued by Governor Roy Cooper on March 23, 2020 with an effective date of 5:00p.m. March 25, 2020, the following operational changes will be temporarily implemented by the Yadkin County Register of Deeds.
1. Limited public access to the Register of Deeds office.
2. Recording Real Estate Documents. We highly encourage electronic recording of all documents. Anyone who wishes to record documents in person must call the office for an appointment. Those who mail in documents or E-Record will not see any change in operations.
3. Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates. All certified copies of birth, death and marriage certificates will be available for purchase online, by mail or by appointment only. To access the online portal or print the mail in request form please visit our web page located on the left.
4. Marriage Licenses and Notary Oaths. Throughout this North Carolina State of Emergency, marriage licenses and notary oaths will be available by appointment only. Since this service must be in person, we ask that applicants only come in at the scheduled time. We encourage marriage applicants to utilize the online application available on the marriage web page on the left to expedite the process. Only the two marriage applicants are permitted to enter the office.
5. Genealogical research and general deed researches (not title updates) will be suspended at this time. All deed searches can be performed online.
Appointments can be made by calling our office at 336-849-7904 during normal business hours. Please feel free to call our office with any questions.
We are committed to providing services in a safe yet effective way for the duration of this situation. These plans are subject to change as the situation evolves. For the most up to date information on all Yadkin County services, please go to our county website at https://www.yadkincountync.gov/
Office holiday closing notice
The Register of Deeds Office staff serve as custodians and managers of a large number of public records, such as deeds, deeds of trust, maps, and other land and miscellaneous records. The records are recorded and maintained in accordance with the North Carolina General Statutes and open for public inspection. We also:
- Administer oaths to notaries
- Index and issue certified copies of:
- Birth certificates
- Death certificates
- Marriage licenses
- Military discharges
- Issue marriage licenses