For Immediate Release: 5/15/2023
“Yadkin County Board of Commissioners after action Report for May 15, 2023”
During the May 15, 2023 Board meeting, the Yadkin County Board of Commissioners took the following action:
- Approved two rezoning requests for properties located along NC Hwy 601.
- Denied a rezoning request for a property on NC Hwy 67.
- Approved a budget amendment to cover health insurance claims.
- Approved a budget amendment to address requirements from the Government Accounting Standards Board as they relate to leased property.
- Approved a budget amendment allocating opioid settlement funds to operational lines.
- Approved a contract for geotechnical services with S&ME Inc.
- Approved the modification of the scope of work for watershed structure repairs with Schnabel Engineering and King General Contractors Inc.
During her Manager’s report, Lisa Hughes updated the board on the Brooks Crossroads Sewer project and the changing requirements for COVID-19 reporting and vaccine funding.
Authority of: Lisa Hughes, County Manager