Where and how can I have my well water tested?
Yadkin Environmental Health Performs the following testing:
  • Bacterial $60
  • Organic (VOCs, Petroleum Products, etc.) $60
  • Inorganic (Heavy Metals, PH, Hardness, etc.) $60
  • Sulphur $60
  • Nitrite / Nitrate $60

To request water samples, please go to the Yadkin County Central Permitting Office at 213 East Elm Street in Yadkinville or call (336) 679-4233. All samples must be collected by one of our staff to ensure integrity of the sample.

Show All Answers

1. Are these inspections required before I can get my Certificate of Occupancy (CO)?
2. Can I get my water tested for free and If not why?
3. Do I need a permit to drill a new well or to repair or abandon an existing well?
4. How do I test for red muddy water or reddish staining?
5. How often should I have my well tested?
6. My well water has a bad smell like sulfur, what tests should be run and what can be done to fix this?
7. What determines whether I can keep an existing well or have to abandon it?
8. What do I need to do to maintain and protect my well?
9. What do I do if coliform bacteria are found in my well water?
10. What do I do if bacteria are found on a follow up sample after the well has been chlorinated?
11. What if I am concerned about pesticides, petroleum, or radon?
12. What inspections, if any, are required for my well?
13. What may cause green or bluish-green stains on fixtures?
14. What should I have my water tested for?
15. What types of payments are accepted by Yadkin County?
16. Where and how can I have my well water tested?