Revised Yadkin County IT Policy as of March 19th, 2018
Yadkin County is making investments in information technology (IT) solutions, which through careful planning, cooperative business, and technical execution, will provide a return on investment in the form of improved services.
The department is diligent in performing the task of researching and delivering new technology while never losing focus on the critical role of maintaining the current technical infrastructure and providing exceptional customer service to all agencies.
- Creating and maintaining the county’s web presence
- Ensure security and integrity of Yadkin County’s network and data
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing IT equipment, such as workstations, printers, and servers
- Managing the telephone and voice mail systems, which include a mixture of digital and analog platforms
- Overseeing a number of file, print, application, web, email, and domain controller servers used to direct information flow across the networks
- Provide for the procurement, development, upgrade, and support of business software for customer departments
- Provide network infrastructure to support county computer operations and information transfer
- Provide support for desktop equipment through help desk and on-site customer assistance
- Supporting staff members cell phones and personal digital assistant (PDA) devices