Solid Waste / Recycling
Solid Waste Department
The Solid Waste Department consist of seven collection sites and the landfill. If you have any questions regarding solid waste disposal or recycling, you may contact a site, the landfill, or our office. We accept recyclables at all our collection sites and our landfill.
When in Doubt, Throw it Out
For more information about Recycling Best Practices and for Recycling Tips, please visit https://recyclingsimplified.com/
How to Properly Discard Your Old Televisions, Computers, and Other Electronics
Read about new fees regarding TVs & computers, and other options (PDF).
Fees for Disposal
- Solid Waste Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Recyclable material: Free
- Garbage bags: Through the Solid Waste Household Fee (through the tax bill) with sticker - no charge for bagged household waste
- $70 per ton (landfill only), effective July 1, 2018 ($8.00 minimum) - (waived for DOT Roadside Collections)
- Scrap Tires not documented or generated in North Carolina $80 per ton
- TVs and Computers up to 32 inches Complete and intact $6 per unit
- TVs and Computers up to 32 inches Broken and/or with parts missing $10 per unit
- TVs and Computers larger than 32 inches Complete and intact $10 per unit
- TVs and Computers up to 32 inches Broken and/or with parts missing $20 per unit
Recycling & Waste Disposal
If you live inside a municipality then you have curbside recycling and curbside waste pick-up. If you live outside the city limits, then the sites listed below are where you can take your recycling and solid waste.
To determine if items are acceptable for recycling, please review this list.