Yadkin County Emergency Services relies heavily on well-qualified employees to perform prehospital care within our EMS Division. To accomplish this our service offers several scheduling options for our full-time employees, competitive pay with great benefits, and a career ladder with many promotional prospects for our field staff, all at additional pay rates.
Yadkin County EMS has several unique work schedules to choose from:
Modified 24/48 shifts
This schedule has you working only 48 hours/week and allows you to enjoy 5 days off every three-four weeks. This requires no "payback" shifts. We offer two different start-times: 7 am and 8 am.
This schedule allows you to enjoy every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. We offer day and night shifts starting at 7 am and 7 pm.
This schedule is used to supplement the modified 24/48 hour schedule. Employees on the Float Schedule work every Tuesday and Friday for 3-4 months then rotate to every Tuesday and Saturday for the next 3-4 months.
At this time, Yadkin County offers full-time employment to credentialed Paramedics only. EMT's and Advanced EMT's are employed in our system in part-time positions.
Below are the pay ranges for our full-time field staff:
- Paramedic: $37,132 - $55,697
- Crew Chief: $38,988 - $58,482
- Field Training Officer: $40,938 - $61,406
- Community Paramedic: $40,938 - $61,406
- Paramedic Lieutenant: $42,985 - $64,477
Below are the pay ranges for our part-time field staff:
- AEMT: $14.69 - $22.03 / hr
Pay for full-time and part-time is based on years of experience, education, and other qualifying certificate courses. For full-time employees, the pay range shown does not reflect the additional pay for built-in overtime or holiday hours. For example, a new Paramedic with no experience, no additional degrees, and no additional credentials would earn up to $41,535.47 if the full 2496 hours in a year are worked.
Working for Yadkin County Emergency Services there are many great benefits that are offered, including:
- North Carolina Local Government Retirement
- 401k (Prudential) & 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (Nationwide)
- Paid overtime
- Paid County holidays (as an EMS employee, you will be paid eight hours for each County holiday throughout the year)
- Longevity Pay
- Vacation Leave (Staring at 8 hours per month [96 hours per year]), Sick Leave, and Military Leave
- Group Health Insurance, Group Dental Insurance, and long-term care insurance (Blue Cross / Blue Shield)
- Vision Insurance (Community Eye Care)
- Health Insurance for retirees until Medicare eligible
- Colonial Supplemental Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance (USAble)
- An employee wellness clinic at no charge to the full-time employee
- Employee Assistance Program: Incident debriefing at no charge and County provides 3-sessions per employee and/or their dependents