Yadkin County Emergency Services relies heavily on well-qualified employees to perform prehospital care within our EMS Division. To accomplish this our service offers a great schedule and competitive pay with great benefits. In addition, our service has a genuine career ladder with many promotional prospects for our field staff, all at additional pay rates.
Why become a part of our EMS Family?...
Yadkin County EMS Employees enjoy a 24/72 work schedule. This schedule allows the EMS employees to work 1 day and enjoy 3 days off! Here's an example of how it works:
911-Focused with a reasonable call-volume
Our primary mission is to provide Emergency Medical Services to our citizens. To that end, we focus our resources on 911 calls and do not run convalescent/interfacility transports. We want our EMS units and our EMS Employees to be available for 911 calls.
- North Carolina Local Government Retirement
- 401k (Prudential) & 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (Nationwide)
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Training
- Uniforms provided (new polo shirts)
- Paid County holidays (as an EMS employee, you will be paid eight hours for each County holiday throughout the year)
- Annual Longevity Bonuses after 10 years of service
- Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, and Military Leave
- Health Insurance (100% paid for by the county for the employee with retirement option)
- Dental Insurance
- Long-term care insurance (Blue Cross / Blue Shield)
- Vision Insurance (Community Eye Care)
- Health Insurance for retirees until Medicare eligible
- Colonial Supplemental Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance (USAble)
- Employee Wellness Clinic at no cost to the employee (EMS employees are welcome to visit during their working shift)
About Yadkin County EMS:
Yadkin County is a rural community located west of Winston-Salem, NC. We serve 37,000+ citizens, as well as the visitors and travelers who commute into and through our County every day. Last year, we responded to over 6,000 request for service utilizing up to 5 ALS transport units and 1 QRV. Our residents are also served by our award-winning Community Paramedic program.
We keep an updated fleet equipped with LifePak 15’s, Stryker Power-LOAD stretchers & Stair-PRO stairchairs, video laryngoscopes, PAPR’s, and PCR software that provides access to patient feedback data from several area hospitals.