Welcome to the Yadkin County License Plate Agency
Special Holiday Hours
The Tag Office will be closed in observance of these up coming Holidays:
Veterans Day November - Thursday the 11th
Thanksgiving November - Thursday the 25th and Friday the 26th.
Christmas December - Thursday the 23rd, Friday the 24th and Monday the 27th.
New Years December - Friday the 31st.
COVID19 Mandates are more relaxed these days. However, if you wish to avoid the crowds remember there are many ways to obtain information or pay bills in the comfort of your home computer or phone.
- Telephone (336)-849-7731
- Fax (336)-849-7923
- Physical Location: The main floor of the Yadkin County Courthouse located at: 101 S. State Street Yadkinville NC 27055.
- Renewals and Checks Mailing address: N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles, P.O. Box 29620 Raleigh NC 27626-0620.
- Mail in renewals may take 4 - 6 weeks for mailing and processing.
- You may also contact the NCDMV at 919-715-7000 or WWW.NCDOT.GOV/DMV
- NC DOT View the Vehicle Taxes Paid
Hours Of Operation
8:00 AM - 4:45 PM Monday-Friday
You need to be in line by 4:30 pm in order to be served by 4:45 pm.
Beginning August 1, 2016
Please be advised that a late fee of up to $25.00 will be charged to all registration renewals paid after the expiration date. The late fee will be added beginning the first day of the month following the expiration date. Though you can still operate your vehicle up to 15 days after your registration expires without being ticketed, you will be fined beginning the first day of the month after your registration expires.
- If the registration has been expired for less than 1 month, a late fee of $15.00 will be charged.
- If the registration has been expired for 1 month or greater, but less than two months a late fee of $20.00 will be charged.
- If the registration has been expired for two months or greater, a late fee of $25.00 will be charged.
For example: If your registration expires November 30 and is not paid, you will fined $15.00 on December 1.