Temporary Food Establishments

Vendors that prepare and serve potentially hazardous foods to the public in conjunction with a fair, festival or event are required to obtain a permit from Yadkin County Environmental Health for each festival or event. Applications for event coordinators and food vendors are available below or at the Environmental Health Office. These applications must be fully completed and submitted at least 15 days prior to each event. A $75.00 fee will be required from each food vendor to be submitted with the application. Please note that failure to complete the application, submit the required fee, and meet the requirements for a permit will result in denial of a permit to operate.

Be advised that a permit from Yadkin County Environmental Health is not required to serve non-potentially hazardous foods such as most baked, goods, popcorn, cotton candy, drinks, snow cones, etc. For more information on vending these types of items, please contact the North Carolina Department of Agriculture at (919) 733-7366.


View festival organizer and festival vendor applications. For questions concerning temporary food establishments, please contact the Yadkin County Environmental Health office at (336) 849-7905.