Non-Profit Organization Food Service

Non-Profit organizations such as churches, fire departments, and private clubs are exempt from obtaining a permit to sell food pursuant to G.S 130A-250. These groups can sell food in conjunction with a fundraising event for a period of no more than 2 consecutive days, once a month. For example, if a church sells BBQ chicken on Friday and Saturday, they will not need a permit, However, if they choose to have another fundraiser on the last Saturday of the same month, they will have to obtain a permit for the second event. Please note that this does not apply to groups serving non-potentially hazardous foods such as most baked goods, popcorn, cotton candy, drinks, snow cones, etc. For more information on vending these type of items, please contact the North Carolina Department of Agriculture at (919) 733-7366.

If you are an event organizer and wish to claim the non-profit exemption for a fundraising event, please click on the link below and complete only the sections pertaining to non-profit groups. If you have questions about a non-profit fundraising event, or if you are organizing an event that requires a permit, please contact Yadkin County Environmental Health at (336) 849-7905.