Historic Richmond Hill Law School
The Richmond Hill Law School and Nature Park focuses on preservation of our history. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Richmond Hill is the family home of the Honorable Richmond Mumford Pearson (1805-1878), an American jurist who served as Chief Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court from 1858 to 1878. Pearson also started a law school here in 1848 that lasted until his death. One of Yadkin County's six Civil War Trail markers is located here. Pearson's home, built in 1861, was fully restored in the 1970s and is the centerpiece of the 30-acre Richmond Hill Law School and Nature Park.
4641 Law School Road
East Bend, NC 27018
- Hours: For updated hours of operation and tours, please visit the Historic Richmond Hill Law School Facebook page or on Instagram at @richmondhillnc .
- Contact: email@example.com
- Activities: Historic Tours, Walking Trail
- Amenities: Picnic Shelters, Walking Trail, and Parking.
Picnic shelters are available by reservation by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at 336-849-7751.
Preserving the Home of NC Chief Justice Richmond Mumford Pearson (1805-1878)
The Historic Richmond Hill Law School Commission is renovating the Richmond Pearson House.
Puzzle Fund Raising to Support Renovation Efforts
A special puzzle depicting the Richmond Pearson Home is available for a $20 donation to “The Historic Richmond Hill Law School Commission”.
For more information and event details, find us at: Facebook: Historic Richmond Hill Law School Instagram: @richmondhillnc Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Reservations for Picnic Shelters: 336-849-7751