Vaccines for Children (VFC)
- Medicaid eligible: Children who are insured by the Medicaid program
- Uninsured: A child who has no health insurance
- American Indian or Alaska Native - Indian Health Care Improvement Act (25 U.S.C. 1603)
- Under-insured: A child who has health insurance but the coverage does not include vaccines, a child whose insurance covers only selected vaccines (VFC-eligible for non-covered vaccines only), or a child whose insurance caps vaccine coverage at a certain amount.
Vaccine-Preventable Diseases & the Vaccines that Prevent Them
- Diphtheria (can be prevented by Dtap, Tdap vaccine)
- Hepatitis A (can be prevented by HepA vaccine)
- Hepatitis B (can be prevented by HepB vaccine)
- Human Papillomavirus (can be prevented by HPV vaccine).
- Measles (can be prevented by MMR vaccine)
- Meningococcal Disease (can be prevented by MCV vaccine)
- Mumps (can be prevented by MMR vaccine)
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough) (can be prevented by Tdap vaccine)
- Pneumococcal Disease (can be prevented by Pneumococcal vaccine)
- Polio (can be prevented by IPV vaccine)
- Rubella (German Measles) (can be prevented by MMR vaccine)
- Tetanus (Lockjaw) (can be prevented by Tdap vaccine)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) (can be prevented by varicella vaccine)
Additional vaccine information may be obtained by contacting the CDC at 1 (800) CDC-INFO (1 (800) 232-4636) or online.
The North Carolina Immunization Program performs an annual assessment of each Health Department/Rural Health Clinic/Medical Clinic and private provider office tin the state during the first week of October. This assessment report is ran in Raleigh and measures the immunization rate for each county that receives state vaccine in its two year old population.
The results for Yadkin County and Yadkin County Medical Clinic is as follows:
- State Average rate was 85% for Health Departments and 72% for the Counties
- Yadkin County 84%
- Yadkin County Medical Clinic 100%
The assessment was considered to be successful for Yadkin County Medical Clinic and Yadkin County.